****    NEW Gift Aid envelopes for 2019-2020 are now available after all Sunday Masses; Not part of the gift aid scheme yet? Ask and we will be happy to help.    ****

Mass Times (pdf)

Mass Times & Other Services

Lent, Holy Week
& Easter Services

Advent & Christmas Services

Weekday Mass Themes

Weekday Mass Themes (pdf)

Vincentian Community

Vincentian Community
(Congregation of the Mission)

St. Benet's Catholic Church,
Abbey Wood

St. David's Catholic Church,
Abbey Wood

St. Paul's Catholic Church,

St. Mary Magdalene's Catholic
Church, Rotherham

Clergy Support

Southwark Clergy Support Fund

External Links

Archdiocese of Southwark


Catholic Certificate in
Religious Studies

Catholic Education Service

Catholic Formation Centre

Catholic Faith


Education for Parish Service

Justice, Peace and
Integrity of Creation

Knights of St. Columba

Legion of Mary

Liturgy Office England & Wales


Pope Benedict XVI in the U.K.

St. Francis Catholic
Primary School

St. George's Cathedral

Salesian Missions

St. Vincent de Paul Society

Southwark Catholic
Youth Services

Southwark Vocations

The Bishops' Conference

The Marriage & Family Life Team

The onGoing Formation of Priests


The Vatican (The Holy See)

The Wednesday Word

Index News & Information Gift Aid Scheme

Gift Aid Scheme.

* Do you pay Income Tax or Capital Gains Tax?

* Do you give to your Church?

* Would you like your Church to be able to reclaim the tax you have paid?

Did you say YES to the three question above? Then if you give to your Church using the Gift Aid Scheme, the church wil be able to reclaim the tax on the amount you give to your Church. This will mean your gift to the church can be increased by 25% (or 25p in every one pound donated through the Gift Aid Scheme).

What is Gift Aid?
It is a scheme to encourage donors - who must be taxpayers - to sign a declaration form so that all their donations to the Church can be treated as Gift Aid donations. The donations can be of any amount or frequency. By signing the forms, donors can ensure that their parishes get a substantial refund from the Inland Revenue without having to increase their level of giving.

In order for a parish to benefit from your donations:

       * You must be a U.K. Taxpayer.

       * You must complete a Gift Aid Declaration.

       * Your contributions must be easily identified as coming from you.

How much tax must I pay to be able to take part in the Gift Aid Scheme?
You can join the Gift Aid Scheme providing you are a U.K. Taxpayer and pay an amount of tax at least equal to the amount of any refund reclaimed by the parish on your donations.

Do I have to make a Binding Commitment?
No. Gift Aid is not a binding commitment and the parish only claim back a tax refund on the actual amount you have given. You will not be asked to make up any missed payments, unless you chose to do so.

What happens if I change my address?
Just inform the Parish Organiser. You do not have to complete a new form

What if I stop paying Income Tax or wish to cancel?
Inform the Gift Aid Organiser and we will cancel your Declaration.

Can I change the amount I give?
Yes. You can increase or decrease the amount you give at any time without having to complete a new declaration

Is Gift Aid confidential?
Yes. You DO NOT have to disclose details of your income, savings, pensions or any other personal details.

What if I move to another parish?
If you have signed a Gift Aid Declaration, all you have to do is advise your new Parish Organiser of this fact and continue to use a method of payment that is easily recordable by the new parish.

I am already giving in the Offertory collection. Will it cost me more to join the Gift Aid Scheme?
No. - It will cost you nothing extra. you are not being asked to give more money, simply to sign a declaration so that the parish can reclaim the tax refund on what you are giving. The Inland Revenue is only handing back to the parish the tax you have already paid, so it will not affect you in any way.

How does the system work?
The Parish needs to be able to prove to the Inland Revenue that they have kept proper records of your gifts. If you prefer to give by cash, you will need to use the numbered envelope system (supplied by the parish) or you can give by cheque or bankers draft. Unfortunatly, if you put the cash in loose without using the envelope system, the parish cannot reclaim the tax on your donation as we would be unable to indentify it as coming from you.

How can I sign a Gift Aid Declaration?
Ask the Parish Gift Aid Organiser for a form or you can download it from the link below. It will simply ask you to give your name and address and your consent so that all your donations can be treated as Gift Aid donations. You will need to sign and date the form
You can download the form from the link below. Please complete it and hand to the Parish Gift Aid Organiser.

It works like this:

Click the link below to download the Gift Aid Declaration Form

Gift Aid Declaration Form (pdf)

For further information or questions, please see the Parish Gift Aid Organiser for Our Lady of Sorrows who can be contacted via the parish office.

Thank you for supporting the parish of Our Lady of Sorrows.


© Our Lady of Sorrows Catholic Church 2018
A parish of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Southwark.
CIO Registered Incorporated Charity Number 1173050.